We have outlined below the main questions along with answers to typical concerns that clients have prior to engaging with The Commodities Group Inc, or TCG, for cost analysis and ongoing support.
– On average, a client will spend less than 20 minutes preparing the data for TCG. For customers that are too busy, TCG can arrive on-site and make copies or images of the information with very little client involvement.
– Ongoing, the majority of clients finds it easiest to start a TCG Clearing File where they deposit invoice copies upon their receipt from their suppliers.
Alternately, TCG offers a monthly fee option whereby we can estimate the sharing on a monthly basis and true-up when it is convenient for you. The fact is that we are here to work with our clients to ensure the process is seamless and easy.
– TCG would not be in business if we had a negative impact on supplier relationships. The approach we have is very soft. The fact is that suppliers are happy to have customers at a fair margin versus having to look for new customers.
Often, companies obtain better rates than what we recommend as we always leave some extra on the table for unknowns.
– Not at all! We do not recommend you change suppliers, rather, we simply help you obtain and maintain a fair and consistent rate based on your location, annual volumes, product, and delivery sizes.
– We subscribe to thousands of indicators throughout North America and based on our experience we know your suppliers' costs. We then can calculate what you are paying above cost, using the third-party indicators, and make recommendations for improvement.
Savings are then calculated using the old differential above cost, vs the new differential on a per-delivery basis.
– No, we do not compare rates. We understand the supplier’s costs and have been tracking market trends since 1996. We have found that companies that try and protect their rates are often the clients that were overpaying the most.
– Typically, it takes 36 months for suppliers to maintain consistent pricing. After the initial sharing term, we continue to monitor your rates, and we will only share if new savings opportunities are identified.
Clients enjoy how we work with them, ongoing as many of our reference letters illustrate relationships well past a 3-year term.
– We asked the majority of our clients, and those who waited did regret the unnecessary ongoing overpayment. TCG is not here to make work for our clients. We are here to work with you to obtain savings in an efficient manner.
Let us know your concerns or reasons for the delay, and we are confident we will have a solution to start right now.
– Clients can focus on what they do best by having a professional team monitoring their costs throughout North America. You are not gaining more work, rather, you will have peace of mind to focus on your company.